Monday, November 30, 2015
- Welcome to the class
- Students were asked to complete an index card that included:
- Email address use
- Google email address
- Pick a super hero identity
- If their iPad can go home or not
- Email address use
- I had students book mark this website on their iPads
- Discussed with the students how we will be using Kahoot in the classroom.
- Went over classroom expectations with the students.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Students were asked to check their google drive accounts to see if they have the folder I sent them last night.
- In their groups of three - students divided the vocabulary words for chapter one
- Students were handed out the following papers to go along with their reading over Chapter 1: New World Beginnings, 33,000 BC - AD 1769.
- Outline of the chapter
- Questions to go along with the chapter readings.
- For Wednesday, students are to read: Introduction - The Earliest Americans
- For Thursday, students are to read Indirect Discoverers of the New World - When Worlds Collide
- For Friday, students are to read The Spanish Conquistadors - The Spread of Spanish America
- On Monday they will have a quiz over Chapter 1: New World Beginnings, 33,000 BC - AD 1769
- Study guide fill in that goes along with the video by Adam Norris. APUSH Ch1 and Ch2
- Other videos that might help you with Chapter One:
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
- The students started class with a Kahoot over the first section of chapter 1.
- Students were asked to share one new piece of information that they learned from reading the section.
- As a class we discussed Chapter One: New World Beginnings (Sections - Introduction-The Earliest Americans.
- For tomorrow, students should be working on Indirect Discoveries of the New World -When Worlds Collide
Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Students completed a cahoot over chapter 1: Indirect Discoveries of the New World - When Worlds Collide.
- Students were handed out two resources to use as study aids.
- A colored map of Europe during the Renaissance and Reformation
- A chart of the Native American environmental areas of North American. (Who lived there, what houses they had, how society was created, handicrafts, food sources)
- Students were given a website to assist them in understanding the routes that explorers took.
- As a class we completed a worksheet over the Columbian Exchange and where different items came from and went.
- Students are to continue reading chapter one and complete the third page of the study guide.
- Students were asked to answer two questions over two graphs dealing with the decline of Native American population since exploration and the increase in Non-Native American population since explorations. (Please see me if you need a copy of this)
Friday, December 4, 2015
- I was not in school today.
- Plans were altered since I was not in school
- Students were asked to work in their vocabulary groups and create a chart over the explorers that included the following information:
- Explorers Name
- Country they sailed for
- Where they explored
- Nationality of the explorer
- What they were looking for
- Students were told that we would be moving their quiz to Tuesday and that they need to have the chapter completely read for Monday.